"The best jihad [struggle] is (by) the one who strives against his own self for Allah, The Mighty and Majestic," Hadith (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad)

Sunday, January 31, 2010

thank you internets..

I am still thinking about that Secret Scientist podcast, and I am still angry at the Canadian education system - its sad when you realize after a podcast and talking to friends that none of you learned about any of this and its so vital to the worlds history, its more then a little frustrating.
People seem to think that Islam getting the raw end of the deal is new, and because of recent (at least in our time kinda recent) events but it goes all the way back to the dark age.
Which honestly is that much more frustrating.
Its disgusting - more so when you realize that its been going on for as long as it has and the fact that the world can not seem to just smarten up. (that's putting it lightly, i know!)

Prof. Jim Al-Khalili did the series i was listening to earlier (secret scientists) and now, i have been listening to his pod cast sci pod. He's a genius and he makes it interesting.

So its just one more thing to add to my list of things I want to learn.
I do a lot of that it seems - with the new path that I am on.
Knowledge is my oxygen.

As much as I hate the net sometimes, its times like this, i love it because i would not have found this otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment