"The best jihad [struggle] is (by) the one who strives against his own self for Allah, The Mighty and Majestic," Hadith (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad)

Monday, January 4, 2010

Local hate crime and some love ponderings.

Sometimes, this world just makes me die a little more.
Hamiltons mosque was attacked over the holidays. Some small minded person looking at the Christmas eve incident with the plane and grouping all Muslims together - ignorance.

It makes me so bloody angry. New convert or not, I would never dream of letting ignorance colour my opinion on anything. How can people think they know anything when they don't try?

It's disgusting.

I think single life is getting to a few of us lately. A few Muslims on a few of the networking sites seem to be feeling the way I do.

I was following a post one day..

"LOVING THE ONE YOU MARRY, IS BETTER THAN MARRYING THE ONE YOU LOVE!"
Followed by (the same person)

"YES...LOVE IS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF MARRIGE,BUT WHERE DOES TRUE LOVE COME FROM. ALLAH CREATED ADAM THEN FROM HIS SOUL HE CREATED EVE. THEN THAT WAS ADAMS WHAT-SOULMATE. ALLAH SAYS HE PLACES LOVE BETWEEN THE MAN AND WOMAN. NOW IF WE APPROACH EACHOTHER ENGAGING IN ALL TYPE OF FORBIDDEN ACTS-ESPECIALLY WITHOUT REPENTANCE-HOW DO WE EXPECT ALLAH TO PLACE...

LOVE BETWEEN US AND OUR MATES. USUALLY THAT IS NOT LOVE ,ITS INFACTUATION. THEN YOU WAKE UP YEARS LATER AND REALIZE YOU DONT LIKE THAT PERSON. THE PROPER WAY IS TO SEEK GODS LOVE,THEN LET HIM GUIDE YOU TO A MATE.THE BOTH OF YOU DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO STAY IN ACCORD WITH HIS TEACHINGS...AND LOVE WILL GROW. THE MORE YOU BOTH LOVE THE CREATOR,THE MORE HE WILL LOVE YOU BOTH AND PLACE LOVE BETWEEN YOU. THIS WAY PETTY DIFFERENCES ARE OVERLOOKED AND THE LOVE OF GOD CONQUERS THE RELATIONSHIP...UNDERSTAND!
"

.. i apologize for the caps but its not my post.. I do however like what he was saying very much.
I've been thinking a lot about it.
And trying to sort out my head on a relationship front and what I need/want.

I want someone whose faith means as much to them as it does me but who knows how to devote almost as much of themselves to me. So many just don't get that.

Even less get it when they realize that you are mildly disabled and mentally ill.
It leaves me feeling insecure at times, other times I feel firm in who I am.

..i am off to bed.. time to read another chapter for the book challenge and some more of the Quran before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment