"The best jihad [struggle] is (by) the one who strives against his own self for Allah, The Mighty and Majestic," Hadith (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad)

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hereafter and Now

"Such is the punishment (in this life) but greater is the punishment in the Hereafter,- if only they knew!" (68:33)

This particular verse has been mentioned a lot lately in all the media i have been taking in, audio, video and print and its lead me to do a lot of thinking.

Compared to the Prophets, PBUT we all lead simple easy lives, when i realize that i feel such shame for feeling like my life is difficult. Its greatly upsetting to think that some days i feel so low that i am ready to give up yet my life is roses compared to what the Prophets PBUT went through.

Its made me realize that i must do more, and whine less.
Sure, i am disabled and some days that's a right b*tch but its not like i don't have a series of tools to make it easier - ish.

tools that I don't always use like is intended for me to I am sure, and i have no one but me to blame for that.

As the Quran says I would much rather have problems now in this life then be stuck in hell fire for eternity.
Praise Allah for giving me my problems now and not in the Hereafter!

Today is the second day of fasting. The 29th is the start of the new year in Islam.
I must read more about that today.
I am excited and jittery about it, and yet very tired as I got up this morning for my meal before dawn and prayer and have yet to rest since.

I can not decide if i want to rest before the prayer and lecture at ten or if i should just stay up and rest after.
Given that i have to go out and do some shopping today i am guessing that it should be resting now and after.

Must also pick up some headbands/underscarves to keep my hair back. Its starting to make me nuts but i would rather not lop it off.
Tho i have decided to let it go natural for awhile to see if i can get it long and healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment